Saturday, May 15, 2010

Trimbach Gewurztraminer 2006 - $16



David: A Gewurztraminer from Alsace. We tried the
Riesling
from Trimbach before.

Gold in color. Nose has apples and honey with some gingerbread spice. Some mineral character. Off-dry to dry, full bodied acidity is muted. Somewhat subtle fruit character on the palate. Transitions into a more dry mineraly wine on the finish as vodka-like alcohol becomes a little more apparent. But pleasant overall.
Score: 4.0/5

Jessica:
This wine required me to recheck my detection of sweet vs/ fruit. The nose was so fruity, giving essences of apricots and peach that I was certain it was sweet when I took my first sip. In fact it is a dry white, but had a full delicious fruity character that made it seem sweet. It was full-bodied, and seemed well balanced to me. I thought it was really nice.
Score: 4.1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment