Tuesday, December 29, 2009

De Loach Russian River Cabernet 2000 - $15



This 10-year old wine showed tannins on the bottle. The color is ruby red. The nose is quite dramatic. I believe the dominant scent is cedar with leather and red fruit. Cherries and red currants flavors dominate on the palate and the nose remains throughout. Medium bodied and medium acidity. The finish is a little quick with very little spiciness or follow-through. Overall, a nice wine to drink but perhaps lacks complexity.
Score: 3.4/5

Jessica:
David had to point out the strong cedar smell but once he mentioned it, that was all I could smell/taste. At first I really liked that and felt like a sip was like taking a breath in snow-covered cedar woods, but I agree with david that the flavors and smell were short, depth shallow. I did enjoy it enough to say I would buy it again.
score: 4.1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment